Brewing Career Updates

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hex

Reaction score
Two years pilot brewing for peanuts got me seven bottles on the wall and taught me a great deal about marketers and crafters.
I'm still at it! I left that rat race, and found a partime home at our LHBS. (Folsom, Roseville, West Sac Brewmeister) For the last three months I have been tending our three locations and teaching the occasional begging brewing class. I'm also working through a proposal for teaching basic brewing in the community outreach program with Sierra College.
Brewing is a booming gold rush here in the Sacramento valley, and I'm still part of it.
Any "pros" here interested in sharing their journeys?

I have no desire to ever brew professionally. I write about beer and homebrewing and consult for breweries. I retired from my "regular" job last Dec.

1. Get a bigger system than you think you need.
2. Spend the money on having your floors sloped toward your drains...In both your brewery and cold room.
3. Have a safety plan/protocol in place. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong at some point.

I have no desire to ever brew professionally. I write about beer and homebrewing and consult for breweries. I retired from my "regular" job last Dec.

I'm with you Denny. don't write or consult and retired 15 years ago. Just want to have fun and have good beer:mug: When you go pro it becomes a job then work then it's not fun anymore

Back