brewferm lager yeast ideal temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crni_marko

Reaction score
Hello!

I would like to know what is the best temperature for fermentation of lager beer.
Some sources like books and documentaries say, 8 to 12 C, while the little bag with yeast says 12 - 15 C.

Help anyone?

Hello!

I would like to know what is the best temperature for fermentation of lager beer.
Some sources like books and documentaries say, 8 to 12 C, while the little bag with yeast says 12 - 15 C.

Help anyone?

I've never used brewferm lager yeast, but other yeast manufacturer's put the ideal fermentation temperature for each of their strains right on their website. Like wyeast will list them all, and then give specifics on each strain.

Most are 8-12C.

You are right. Their website recommends for this sort of yeast, temp of 10 -15 C. My batch is currently at 14 C, and it already started to ferment, 24 h after brewing. But I find this very strange. Different temps on website and package. Anyway, i left windows open, so i hope temp drops to 12. i used this yeast because its cheaper, and i dont want to waste one package of s-23 or w34/70, until I get the sanitation perfect.

Back