BREWERS BEST Apple/Cherry cider Carbonation help needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldcanalbrew

Reaction score
I am all set to bottle a Brewers Best Apple/Cherry cider kit. The kit states to use 1 Coopers Carb tab per 12oz bottle. However the carb tabs I have state 3 per 12oz bottle.

Has anyone done this kit? And if so, how many did you use? I am comfortable doing the batch priming, but have the tabs and wold like to try them out. Do you think middle of the road would be fine (2 tabs)?

Thanks all!!!

Are the tabs you have Coopers carb tabs? If not, then I'd suggest going with the instructions on the ones you have. The Coopers may be about 3x the size/quantity of sugar than the ones you have. Just speculating.

I have seen 2 different carb tabs at the brewery supply store and they required a different amount per 12oz bottle. I believe one was calling for 3. So that seems perfectly reasonable.

How does this BB kit come? I used to do their beer kits and liked them. It was all LME w/ specialty grains.

Cider.. I'm guessing apple juice concentrate. What about the cherry part???

Back