Breweries in Savannah, GA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moon River Brewing is right on Bay St in the middle of downtown
http://www.moonriverbrewing.com/

No open container laws in Savannah either, get one to go!!!!

Oh and I highly suggest the Haunted Pub Crawl that starts in the upstairs part of Moon River....the place is haunted you know...though they may only offer the haunted pub crawl in the fall/halloween time

I just got back from a vacation there.

+1 to Moon River. Good food and beer.

Also try "the distillery" for a good beer bar.

Moon river is the only "brewery" in Savannah..good beers and good food. Distillery is a good craft beer joint, I would also check out crystal beer parlor, its a little more local but has great beers and food (bbq pork nachos).

The only brew I like by Moonriver is their Swamp Fox IPA. I don't recommend anything else there (well, he made something else once I liked, but I don't recall the style, it was called subzero or somesuch) I found his dry stout to be too whispy at 3.2% abv, and his belgian styles range from farty to fusel. I guess the Abberation Ale is ok too.
I've found the service to be meh at best but the food is pretty good. Overall, I'd say if you are hungering to hit up a brewpub its a decent place to go. But I've pretty much worn out my interest with the place.
Habersham Bottle shop in Savannah has some nice brews in stock.

Reviving a long dead thread. Going to Savannah for a spell. Looking for a homebrew supplier, a good bottle shop, and a good tap list.

World of Beers will make your head spin. Like 60 taps and hundreds of bottles.

I didn't think Sweetwater or Moon River were worth a crap. YMMV

Latest posts

Back