Brewed up a "RoggenBier" today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivehoursfree

Reaction score
Got the AHS RoggenBier. I'm a little skeptical because it only has 1lb of Rye, but AHS hasn't let me down yet. Anyone ever tried it? Put it on a yeast cake from a dunkelweizen, and 2 hours later it's blowing like crazy. That makes me happy. Just though I'd share.

Yah man I've brewed a few batches of roggenbeir. One of my house beers because it's so awesome. 1 lb is sort of light actually - I go up to 25 % with it, though rye is evil. I use rice hulls.

Hope it works out for you - rye beers are good stuff.

Yea, it should be good, but I'd like to try something with more rye in the future.
I'm a little worried. It's pretty steady about 68F in the house, but I realized since fermentation started to fast and was so strong, it probably was well over 70 in the fermenter... crap, should have put it outside over night. It was neat, my little blow off tube was farting all night.

Latest posts

Back