Brewed the NB Cream Ale Kit...Now What?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c8h12n4o3

Reaction score
Several "first" where accomplished for me during the brewing of this kit: first time to use my IC, first time I'm controlling ferm temps, and soon...first time to prime a keg. My questions lies in the ferm temps. By Saturday my ale will have been in the fermentor for two weeks at 65F. I've read quite a bit about allowing the beer to warm up for a day or two to around 70-72F. Do I need to do this with this cream ale?

You don't need to warm the beer up in the fermenter but in cases where you have trouble getting it to completely ferment out the warmer temperatures will help. The time when your cooler temperatures are critical is during the time when the yeast are multiplying (lag time) and the fast ferment when the yeast is eating the easy sugars and will tend to warm up the beer from its activity, usually 2 or 3 days. After that the cool temperature isn't needed.

Back