Brewdog Equity for Punks US

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewdrinks

Reaction score
I can tell this is going to be a well-received idea full of goodwill from TB

https://www.brewdog.com/usa/lowdown/blog/equity-for-punks-usa-has-landed

You can invest in BrewDog USA by clicking here. www.equityforpunksusa.com

In 2010, we ripped up the rule-book and launched Equity for Punks. We invited the people who cared most about what we do to share in our future growth, and join us for a rollercoaster journey as we set about changing the UK beer scene forever.

Six years and four rounds later, we have now amassed 46,000 Equity Punks across the globe. They have invested over £26m in our fledgling business and projected us to the next level both internationally and at home in our heartland of Scotland.

Today, we step up our game.

Big time.

Today, we invite the good people of America (and the rest of the planet!) to own a share in our most ambitious project to date. BrewDog USA.

You can now invest in BrewDog USA. Click here to read all about it and hit up www.equityforpunksusa.com to invest today.

BrewDog%20Night%20Time%20Final%20with%20Logo-%20BD.jpeg

We have been the fastest growing food & drinks business in the UK for the last 4 years, and one of the top 10 fastest growing private companies in the UK to boot. With BrewDog USA, We are combining Europe’s leading brewer with the world’s biggest craft beer market. Expect fireworks.

We have already almost finished building a state of the art craft brewery in Columbus, Ohio and the first brews are scheduled for later this year. We will be fully operational by early 2017 when you - the great American population – can enjoy our beers and literally become financially better off with every beer you drink.

GoodShipNeon_HI.jpeg

We’ll also be looking to open some awesome BrewDog beer bars across the United States. You can keep track of our progress across America over on the live updates page

You can buy a part of BrewDog USA for just $95. Investing in BrewDog USA brings with it a raft of benefits as well as an equity stake in our business. You’ll have your say in how our company is run, as well as the opportunity to attend our USA AGM (a music, beer and food party, exclusively for Equity Punks), and claim awesome perks like growlers, super rare beers and tours & tastings with our team. Check out this page to read about all the benefits of investing in BrewDog USA.

Equity for Punks is about community. It is about connecting us with the people who love our beer. It is about building a new type of business. It is about taking beer lovers on this amazing journey with us. It is about working together to build something we can all be proud of.

JAMESANDMARTIN.jpg

We are hosting our Equity raise in America on BankRoll. Issuing shares via this brilliant start-up platform allows us to ensure Equity for Punks USA complies with US law, whilst offering all the relevant information in one place.

You can invest in BrewDog USA by clicking here!

Got a question about investing in BrewDog? No sweat! Drop our Equity Punk Rangers a line on [email protected] and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Same reason loads of US consumer brands sell stuff to Europe that we already do better that you guys anyway. They want to continue with their massive growth and that means entering new markets.

In terms of differentiation the general consensus as to why they have done a 180 degrees on cask beer with this Live thing is to bring something into the US market that doesn't exist. Well it exists but it's a total disaster for the most part.

https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/blog/live-beer

I'm guessing they'll make a big play around trying to avoid the three tier thing and focus on opening up loads of bars. That's a huge part of their business model and not something US breweries have ever really done.

I'm guessing they'll make a big play around trying to avoid the three tier thing and focus on opening up loads of bars. That's a huge part of their business model and not something US breweries have ever really done.

For someone with no idea of the detail... How can Brewdog skirt the three tier setup and have a chain of bars? Will they be brewing in-house at all of them?

Xpost because relevance:

I the issue I have with the Brewdog thing is (and I haven't looked at the latest release, so things may have changed but I'm going to assume not).

The rhetoric is around being for the people and being tru punx. They state pretty clearly that they don't want to sell shares to fat cats because tru punx bla bla bla. However, they have sold many shares to fat cats (private equity, head of a gas company) that are actual shares and valued at an actual share price. I forget how much but far less than what the punks are paying.

And that's what really pisses me off. All of their garbage aside, they have a strong legion of fans - which is admirable. But they are literally ripping them off and lying to them in the process. That is such a shitty thing to do to your fans. Aside from opinions on the beer and marketing, it's undeniably an awful thing to be doing to people willing to stump up their cash to support you.

Xpost because relevance:

I the issue I have with the Brewdog thing is (and I haven't looked at the latest release, so things may have changed but I'm going to assume not).

The rhetoric is around being for the people and being tru punx. They state pretty clearly that they don't want to sell shares to fat cats because tru punx bla bla bla. However, they have sold many shares to fat cats (private equity, head of a gas company) that are actual shares and valued at an actual share price. I forget how much but far less than what the punks are paying.

And that's what really pisses me off. All of their garbage aside, they have a strong legion of fans - which is admirable. But they are literally ripping them off and lying to them in the process. That is such a shitty thing to do to your fans. Aside from opinions on the beer and marketing, it's undeniably an awful thing to be doing to people willing to stump up their cash to support you.

Nah mate, this is post-capitalism. It's a new paradigm.

Certainly but he's thinking about establishing the US business first to maximise the valuation. He can't sell out (well he could but he won't) so this is the only way to get paid.

However, they have sold many shares to fat cats (private equity, head of a gas company) that are actual shares and valued at an actual share price. I forget how much but far less than what the punks are paying.
Is there a record of these share sales?

Is there a record of these share sales?

Yeah it's in their prospectus (well was, unsure if it still is).

http://www.heraldscotland.com/business/13110435.BrewDog_launches_another_fundraiser/

And this:

The prospectus shows that former ScottishPower chief executive Philip Bowman bought from Martin Dickie 15,000 shares in September 2012 for £14.75 each, for a total cost of £221,000 and that Empress Penguin also sold 40,000 shares at the same time to other parties mainly at the same price, some slightly lower at £14.11. This was less than the price of Equity for Punks 2 some fifteen months earlier. Those prices would suggest the parties involved thought a fair valuation for the company at the time was c£18/£20M, yet only 9 months later ‘punk investors’ are asked to believe the company is worth £112M.

From: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...og-fill-your-boots/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

And Griffin Group owns 12.5%

The move comes just four months after BrewDog handed a 12.5% stake to the Griffin Group, a US-focused distributor backed by veteran drinks industry figures Keith Greggor and Tony Folgio, in return for £600,000.

I can't be bothered doing the math, but first glance tells me that they didn't pay $50 a share or whatever.

Here's them talking about it: https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/blog/keith-greggor-and-tony-foglio-invest-in-brewdog

But these aren't fat cats. These are dragons of course.

eyeroll.gif

I'm tempted to call Brewdog the Juggalos of the beer scene, but I don't think ICP has ever launched a securities fraud scheme to rip off their idiot fans.

Aesthetically they're basically Juaggalos, though. Juggalos without ethics.

Back