Brewday from hell!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAVET

Reaction score
In the middle of batch sparging my manifold came apart and runoff stopped cold! So I ended up having to scoop out about 5 gallons +/- of 168F water and 12 Lbs of grain using a tupperware container and straining/draining it through the screen in my funnel into a 1 gallon plastic jug.
So it is no longer a Double B Blonde Ale. It is now called The Ex Wife.
I just hope it gets better from here on!

It only gets better. My starter had been going in my ferm. fridge and I had no signs of life / fermentation of any kind after 24 hours It looked exactly like it did when I pitched the yeast. Had to make an emergency run to my LHBS and pitch two tubes vice one in a starter. I just didn't trust my starter

It is happily fermenting away. This was the first brew using my mashtun and my fridge. At least the fridge is working right. knock wood.....
I should have finished beer in about 7 days and then it is into the keg.

Well... if it makes you feel any better, last brew session, I dropped a 6.5 carboy and ended up in the ER where a 2nd year med student tried to give me stitches 3 times before getting pulled.

Never mind. Mine wasn't so bad then.

I chilled the starter and now am debating whether I want to try and use the yeast at the bottom or not.

Back