Brew Your Own Digital Subscription

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderwagn

Reaction score
Curious to hear what others think of the digital only version of BYO. I like the magazine, but honestly I'm considering going digital. Seems after a while they just pile up and collect dust. These days, most of my time is spent on a laptop, tablet or smartphone. More and more, I grab my tablet instead of a mag when heading to the can... :) Are you satisfied with your digital subscription of BYO?

Update* in case others may be interested in going all digital.

So, I did bite the bullet and went strictly digital on BYO. Couple things. On my Chromebook, laptop, or desktop, the layout is less than desirable. It works, and is there if you want it, but it's definitely not my choice for viewing. Smartphone? Meh, perhaps a few steps above the others. It's not horrible, and comes in handy if I'm waiting on my kids someplace or at an appointment just waiting, but again, not the most pleasurable.
BYO does truly shine though on my 10.5 Tab S. It's exactly what I was wanting. Everything is laid out very well and easily navigated for the most part. Fits the screen nicely. Zoom in and out works great. Scrolling through pages and bookmarks work great.
It does take a bit to get used to going the digital route, but it really cuts down on the clutter and once I got a feel for it, I haven't missed print at all. I enjoy laying in bed at night and reading through articles and not having to have a light on. Devices other than my tablet may not be the best viewing experience, but I like the fact that I can access BYO at anytime, anyplace.

Latest posts

Back