Brew Years Resolutions Update

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnK93

Reaction score
Two months in, I'm curious how everybody's brew years resolutions are going. Are you sticking with it, have you lapsed, or have you changed course?

I had two resolutions, one specific and one a little more vague. The first was that I would run a mile for every beer that I drink...motivation to exercise more and be more choosy with my beer selection. So far so good: 97 beers and 97 miles run (plus 5 walking miles.)

My second was to work on my processes and quality, but I wasn't quite sure how I'd go about it. I've brewed a couple of single-hop beers to learn the flavors, I've started making water adjustments, testing pH (with strips for now,) and just ordered an oxygenation kit to use in my next brew. I'm also looking at upgrading my thermometer and getting a pH meter down the road. Also been thinking a lot about how to simplify and streamline my process to save time and energy (counter flow chiller, adding pots/pumps, build a stand, etc.)

How are you guys doing?

John

I am doing great. I don't make any resolutions so I don't have any problem keeping them.

Run a mile?? I might make it 50 yards. I haven't run a mile in over 40 years.....

Back