Brew Stand Weight....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodDogShelby

Reaction score
I was really impressed by DiverPat's two tier brew stand from this thread:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/2-tier-brewstand-build-327480/

On Friday I got a call from a buddy who knew I was looking for for some 1.5" 1.5" or 2" x 2" square tube. He told me he had 40' of 2" x 2" and I had to do was come cut it and haul it away. Great luck.

My only issue is that his square tubing turned out to be 1/4" wall. The stand has about 25' of tubing and with the thick wall tubing that'll weigh about 130 lbs. just for the frame.

While that is great for stability, it sucks for putting it in the back of my truck for brew-outs.

Anyone have experience doing off-site brews on a rig that heavy?

Hi

Even with thin tube a brew rig is still going to be pretty heavy. The simple answer is that getting it in and out of the truck is a two person job. Even if it's not heavy, it's big and awkward.

Indeed people do set up gizmos to pull caps on and off a truck all by themselves. If you want to do something like that, then yes you can easily put a 500 lb brew stand in the truck. Just how you get it out once you get to the other end .. not quite so clear.

Bob

2"x2"x"1/4" Wow, that'll hold a tank. Of beer, not an M1 Abrams : )

Why not make it a sectional rig? I've seen others that break down and the components store inside each other.

Find someone like my son who can pick up our stands by himself... :D

The moment you add your banjo burners the weight goes WAY up

Back