Brew Session Time Lapse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyR

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to share a time lapse video I created yesterday while brewing. Equipment is a single tier stand I welded with BG12 burners, SS chugger pump, keggles, uses natural gas.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4HPJLL3klg[/ame]

Nice. Do you use armaflex to insulate your MLT? I'm just wondering bc I do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I wrapped a couple layers of Reflectix from Home Depot and secured it with some velcro strips. I have a neoprene sleeve that zips up that I put over the top of that. It does a decent job of holding temps, but not as well as I'd like. I mostly do 5 gallon batches so I think the dead space is the problem. I'm going to ditch the neoprene and put a few more layers of Reflectix and see how that works.

Yeah, the armaflex doesn't do as well as if like either. I'll drop a few degrees in the winter so I usually have to add some boiling water around the 30 min mark. I will be getting some better insulation before it gets cold out

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back