Brew Name Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brackbrew

Reaction score
Just kegged three brews for my wedding next weekend--a pale ale, a brown ale and a hefe--and I want to come up with some funny names for our guests to enjoy while they enjoy the beer. Any suggestions?

I've been trying to think of some plays-on-words like:

Doesn't the Groom Look Pale Ale

and

I Didn't Marry a Hefer-Weizen

but they just seem kind of cheesy to me. Our reception is almost all 80's dance music (and our favors even include those ridiculous slap bracelets from the 80's with our names and an atari logo on them), so I guess I could go that direction, too. Any suggestions would be great!

BREW ON:mug:

testing .................................

I don't know if I would go with funny names. Some families can be a little sensitive or offended depending on your sense of humor, especially on the brides side. You know how eveything has to be perfect!!! With humor, you may have a variety of age groups to think about as what is appropriate.

You might try a more classical approach;

- Summer Wedding Wheat

- Hoppy Honeymoon Ale

- Maybe Baby Brown Ale

These names might spurn on appropriate wedding party conversation...

Just my thoughts... I wish this beer selection was at my reception.

:tank:

Make sure you do Brains shooters for the reception too... let me explain...

.75oz vodka poured into a shot double shot glass
.75oz Peach Schnaps poured gently or over a spoon into the shot glass
.5oz Irish Cream poured into the mix

The result is the irish cream suspended inbetween the two, looks like a brain!! Excellent party shooters :)

...ahhh.... ill spend youth.... thank the lord some of my fraternity bros are visiting me tonight!

Your two names are hilarious!!! LMMFAO!! I think it will piss the future mother-in-law off though.

So:

The Groom's Not Pale! Ale

Hop-Along Honeymoon Ale

Hefe-Designated Driver-Weizen

Ok, f'n cheesy, but hey, your having an 80's themed wedding!

Back