Brew Masters on Discovery w/ Sam Calagione

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did they change the night the show is on yet again? I thought it was 10pm on Thursday nights now.

The show has finished its initial 5 episodes. We'll have to wait after the new year to find out about any additional shows or a possible contract extension.

I can't believe this thread is still going strong. The show is over. It may or may not continue, but for now it's over. Sheesh. Good show for what it is, I enjoyed it, but I keep forgetting to unsubscribe to this never-ending thread.

Unsubscribed.

If you didn't catch the series on TV then you can get all five episodes on iTunes for $9.99. Discover kept moving the schedule around so I didn't get to see all the episodes.

It hasn't been cancelled....The show was only scheduled for 6 episodes, 5 have aired and the sixth will air....

Haven't you noticed thread where we've actually been discussing it for the last several hours?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/discovery-cancels-brewmasters-216041/

The person who blogged that may have even read OUR thread or the Norcal stumbled upon that blog...but that's not a lot of info to go on......

It hasn't been cancelled....The show was only scheduled for 6 episodes, 5 have aired and the sixth will air....

Haven't you noticed thread where we've actually been discussing it for the last several hours?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/discovery-cancels-brewmasters-216041/

The person who blogged that may have even read OUR thread or the Norcal stumbled upon that blog...but that's not a lot of info to go on......

Obviously I didn't see the other post or I wouldn't have written this. I'm sorry that I assumed it would be discussed in the main thread about the show. I also don't want to get into semantics but I would consider that no plan for a second season is sort of like being cancelled. Either way, I think we were all hoping for more episodes in the future and it sounds like that isn't happening. Is that better?

Yeah somewhere in this thread, I posted an email I got from them. The initial run was only 5 or 6 episodes. Im sure if it did well they will make more, but these things take time. It may be with DFH maybe not.

I hope it doesn't just stick with DFH. I'd really like to see some of the crazyness that happens at Three Floyds. The brewery is pretty nuts. I'd love to see what goes on behind the scenes.

It would be awesome if they made a show traveling all around the world to breweries. I'm not sure how much TV material you can get from just one brewery.

I hope it doesn't just stick with DFH. I'd really like to see some of the crazyness that happens at Three Floyds. The brewery is pretty nuts. I'd love to see what goes on behind the scenes.

Yeah, I'd like to see a different brewery each season

Ditto. Please go to different places and stop with the fake drama! We just want to see beer being made and the people who make it!

And start working on Taste-O-Vision™!!

Ditto. Please go to different places and stop with the fake drama! We just want to see beer being made and the people who make it!

And start working on Taste-O-Vision™!!

I don't think the drama is that bad. Yes...it may be played up a little bit, but I'm sure most of the things that happen are happening in every brewery across the country. In a company that big, there's always going to be some sort of issue.

Besides, the drama makes it easier for non-brewing folks to enjoy.

The only drama I liked/thought was funny was the glue spill.

I hope they do some more breweries. I think Sam is awesome but most of their beers I don't like, some I would kill for. I wouldn't mind a quick run through on how their computers control the fermenter, the flow, how they grow up the yeast yada yada.

I was talking to one of the employees at the Dogfish Head brewery and they told me there was a sixth episode finished but didn't know when it was going to air. They also said that Sam was interested in doing next season nothing but episodes of collaboration beers with other breweries! Keep an eye out for that last episode to be aired!

Obviously I didn't see the other post or I wouldn't have written this. I'm sorry that I assumed it would be discussed in the main thread about the show. I also don't want to get into semantics but I would consider that no plan for a second season is sort of like being cancelled. Either way, I think we were all hoping for more episodes in the future and it sounds like that isn't happening. Is that better?

Dont worry about it Lodovico, I would have thought to post here as well since there was a lot of crying about keeping all the Brewmasters talk in one thread. ;)

Does anyone know much about the differences between Hickory aging and Oak aging? I did a bit of bourbon oak aging on my first ever batch. It came out strong and delicious. I get the oak from my Dad who has a wood working business, and he gave me some Hickory chips today. Not sure what the best styles are with this type of wood. Let me know what you guys think.

Phil

Amanofbeer, I am a wood worker as well and have used American Oak from shop scraps. Normally American Oak is reserved for bourbon and other spirits as many consider it too strong/harsh for beer, preferring English, French or Hungarian Oak, but I had good luck with it on a big porter. I used them again (assuming they are a bit milder the second time around) on a big ESB and I love the affect. I can't tell you anything about hickory.

This looked like the best place to post this.

Funny!! :D

[ame="http://vimeo.com/20604077"]Brew Minions, A Parody[/ame]

Looks like it is back, for one episode at least.

From the DFH Facebook Page:

And outta the blue, Discovery Channel will be airing the 'Punkin and Portamarillo' episode of 'Brewmasters' really late tonight (meaning Jan 3rd) at 2am. Not sure why - still no word on ep 6.

Back