Brew Magic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possible? Sure! Economically viable? I'm less optimistic.

There's certainly a lot of paperwork involved in selling beer. I have a hard time imagining you'd even break even selling a couple of kegs at a time.

You're only limited by yourself. You could most definitely use a brew magic system, use another system, or build one yourself. The only problem is that if you are successful, you would want to upgrade to a larger system. DFH has one in their brewery, and the tour guide told me that they're allowed to schedule a time to use it. All of the grains, etc are provided for them and they hold tastings of employees beers...nice huh?

Seems like a few very small nano-brewers operate on as little as 1/2 bbl systems as a start into the brewing industry

Seems like a few very small nano-brewers operate on as little as 1/2 bbl systems as a start into the brewing industry

I don't mean to be a nay-sayer, but when you estimate your startup costs, double them. I own a business in an industry similar to craft beer, and it cost me nearly ten grand to my licensing set up. My hunch is that alcohol would be worse, but I certainly don't know for sure.

Before you buy a brew magic or any other system, you probably want to find a good lawyer. Between booze permits and distributor agreements, things get complicated fast.

I hear ya regarding red tape fees. It seems like it is being done by some very small companies. Don't know where the profits are if any though.

I hear ya regarding red tape fees. It seems like it is being done by some very small companies. Don't know where the profits are if any though.

The companies brewing on a brew magic are making the profits on food, they are restaurants.

remilard said:
The companies brewing on a brew magic are making the profits on food, they are restaurants.

Plus, you're looking at radically different profit margins selling at $6/pint versus $120 per keg. Perhaps that's the solution, though: find yourself a restaurant that wants to become a brewpub.

Wsn't it in "brewing up a business" where it was said that to keep up with volume needs Sam was running multiple keggles to keep his BM lit for 8 hours+ a day and avoid time lost in cleaning.

Sabco is coming out with a 2bbl system....cant wait to see the specs on this!!!!
Anyone got any good gouge on this?

tochsner said:
Didn't I read somewhere that Dogfish Head started out brewing 3 batches a day on his Sabco?

This Sabco. But I don't think it was too long that he started looking for dairy tanks for the Pub's still in use brewery

image-2796864953.jpg

It is possible - Peter from Worth Brewing out of Northwood Iowa brews with a Sabco Brew magic system. He makes some killer beers too!

Latest posts

Back