Brew in a bag - just add water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epimetheus

Reaction score
Here is a kit for brew in a bag, as in, ferment in a bag. Add the ingredients, close the top, 14 days later open the tap on the bottom of the bag. Probably not a wonderful tasting product, but it open up ideas. Like , why not keg in a bag?

‘Just brew it!’ Patented home brewing bag shakes up UK beer scene
Just-brew-it!-Patented-home-brewing-bag-shakes-up-UK-beer-scene_strict_xxl.png

I had something like those when I lived in UK in the 90's. The bags had some sort of nylon around the outside of the bad so when it fermented it wouldn't blow up. Everything was done in the bag, ferment, carbonate, dispense. It actually worked from what I remember. Don't think the concept caught on at that time. I had absolutely no room for anything back then so those were a good idea.

I had something like those when I lived in UK in the 90's. The bags had some sort of nylon around the outside of the bad so when it fermented it wouldn't blow up. Everything was done in the bag, ferment, carbonate, dispense. It actually worked from what I remember. Don't think the concept caught on at that time. I had absolutely no room for anything back then so those were a good idea.

I have one of those set aside as a curiosity. It's called a "BrewSack". I don't plan on brewing it though. There are some threads here that talk about it and have photos.

I remember having one of these about 12 years ago or so. It worked (fermented and carbed up) but did not taste like something you'd go back to for seconds.

But, this is before I understood the importance of fermentation temperature control. I'd be curious to see how it turned out if actually done under the right conditions.

Back