Brew Buddy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DublinOhioBrewer

Reaction score
Has anyone around here ever thought about I brew buddy system where you can exchange phone numbers if you're a newbie with somebody who's a little bit more experience and you can call them if your brewing and you come across something or if you have some questions and don't want to sit here and have to type some big huge post that everyone else has to read?

You have a lot of views, with no replies. I guess the answer is no.

A lot of people join clubs, or brew with friends, and therefore have people available to ask questions of.

I don't have those contacts. I don't know anyone else who brews very much (except for people on-line), some have maybe done a couple of batches. I do a lot of reading, and checking before each brew, and if I have a problem I make my own guess of what to do; sometimes I'm right, and ......... sometimes I make mistakes. ...... Always make beer.

I rolled into my lhbs and ran into a guy and his wife I have known for years. Lhbs staff very friendly and helpful, spent the next Saturday in my mates garage, drinking and running a batch.
Eric

Yep, it's best to find someone local who's in the know about things. I bought a keg and lines at the local shop and one of their guys gave me a 40 minute run-down and tips on kegging. It was a slow day but what he told me was good info. If you find someone like that you can trust, just ask.

It's a good idea. Most folks work and travel for work and have obligations, but a lot of us are retired or semi retired and can take calls as they come. At the same time, when you see a number you don't recognize .....

Hey I'd be interested in checking that out, what's it called?

CHAOS - www.chaosbrewclub.net If you'd like to check it out sometime, I'd be happy to meet you there sometime. There is also a quarterly party coming up later in the month, featuring Stout and Chili. If you want to connect, send me a PM.

Another option to consider, if there's a small brewpub near you, ask to speak to the owner about coming to watch on a brewday. Most, if not all, of these guys started out just like us, and are happy to share their knowledge and experience. I've been lucky that way (and managed to buy his old homebrewing equipment at a steep discount) and have learned a LOT.

Back