Brett infection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustyredshed

Reaction score
Some how I am not sure, my ale got contaminated from my cider. The beer actually tastes very good as a result. My question is, am I screwed from here on out with Brett in my equipment or can I still clean and sanitize it out?

Brett is just yeast. It can be cleaned sanitized the same as any fermenting vessel.

Ditto. If you have a contamination problem it's probably not Brett that is at fault. Right now I'm trying to culture up some Brett and it's been harder to get going than any Sacch that I have worked with.

Thanks! I just soaked everything in bleach and hot water. I hope I don't have another problem. I actually like the ale sour. Just was concerned if I brew an ipa that would be bad

Thanks! I just soaked everything in bleach and hot water. I hope I don't have another problem. I actually like the ale sour. Just was concerned if I brew an ipa that would be bad

if you've never had an IPA with brett, you should. i had one recently at a brewery in capitola called rustic ales, they call it a farmhouse IPA and it's one of the best beers i've ever had.

Bleach and hot water don't go together. Use bleach with cold water. Use the hot water to rinse off the bleach.

Latest posts

Back