Brett Bottle Conditioning Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srob18

Reaction score
So i bottled 2 separate batches (brett b/Brett c) of an APA i made. It was a co-pitch fermentation and i waited about 6 months to bottle(which from what i've read should have been plenty of time).

I used the normal 1oz priming sugar per gallon like you'd do for a normal batch. My main question is about the conditioning of the beer itself. Since it is a co-pitch will it be drinkable in say 2-4 weeks instead of a more traditional sour or brett where longer conditioning usually means cleaner, better beer?

At 6 months, only the brett will still be viable. Brett takes much longer to consume sugars and often times creates that mousey/cheerios flavor. That disappears after a couple months in the bottle, IME. I'd leave it alone for at least 6 weeks for conditioning.

Ok, well i will crack one open in 6 weeks then. Hope the good flavors keep up! Thanks for the advice

Back