Bourbon County 2014 variants discussed with Brett Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They haven't mentioned Barleywine, have they?

They haven't and I was surprised by that omission. I could have sworn they said it would be a yearly thing though and since it's not a recipe change/new beer this year maybe Brett just left it out of the interview.

not really sure where to put this:

GI brewer posted this on Instagram.
"Vanilla scalping day"
Vanilla Rye BCBS he said.

That cutting board has a cow on it. Meaning it's supposed to be for meat. Cross contamination! BCBVS is tainted! No one buy it! (Except for me, I'll dispose of it properly)

Yet, you're obsessed with Evil Twin beers?

Ldt72.gif
Ummmm...yeah! Did you read what this year's Proprietor's gonna be? Not sure what everybody's problem is with me here, but all of you drunken fools need to get off my dick!!!

Ummmm...yeah! Did you read what this year's Proprietor's gonna be? Not sure what everybody's problem is with me here, but all of you drunken fools need to get off my dick!!!

You think donuts and ashtrays are perfectly acceptable adjuncts, but Cinnamon bark and cocoa nibs are gross? To each their own, I guess....

You think donuts and ashtrays are perfectly acceptable adjuncts, but Cinnamon bark and cocoa nibs are gross? To each their own, I guess....
Ashtray? You mean SMOKE? And they're not using cinnamon bark. They're using cheap adjuncts.

Ashtray? You mean SMOKE? And they're not using cinnamon bark. They're using cheap adjuncts.
Cassia, though not true Cinnamomum xylanicum is not a "cheap adjunct" and I guarantee it is what is found in 95% of people's spice cabinets as cinnamon. It is Cinnamomum cassia and is in the same family with truly a deeper color and more intense flavor.

Of course they're making barleywine. Why would Brett mention it in the interview if.it's a yearly, regular thing? He also didn't mention regular BCBS, maybe they're not making that this year either.

Of course they're making barleywine. Why would Brett mention it in the interview if.it's a yearly, regular thing? He also didn't mention regular BCBS, maybe they're not making that this year either.
OMG NO BCBS THIS YEAR REPLACED BY STOUTARITA FLIM AT E1EVEN!!1

Fair price is fair. I'd still buy at $32, maybe even at a marginally higher price. There are plenty of God-Tier™ beers at that price point. Maybe at $32, it would keep some of the hoarders and "gotta have it for my trade partner" types at bay.
Sadly no. It'll be "Well I paid $40 markup at this shop. So I expect $60 in return of beer".

Cassia, though not true Cinnamomum xylanicum is not a "cheap adjunct" and I guarantee it is what is found in 95% of people's spice cabinets as cinnamon. It is Cinnamomum cassia and is in the same family with truly a deeper color and more intense flavor.
So, it's NOT actual cinnamon. And just because 95% people have it in their spice cabinets, doesn't make it cinnamon. Spend $2-4 and get the real deal.

Back