Bottom drain keggle & tri-clamp sight glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NinjaJoe

Reaction score
I'm working on my plumbing and trying to figure out where to place my tri-clamp sight glass.

Am I crazy thinking to just mount it to the bottom of the drain before the pump?

I'm working on my plumbing and trying to figure out where to place my tri-clamp sight glass.

Am I crazy thinking to just mount it to the bottom of the drain before the pump?

I'm trying to picture what you mean, but I just can't picture it at all. Can you explain more, or post a photo of something similar?

If I understand correctly you are thinking of piping the sight glass in the same line as the pump inlet.
My experience is that it will work only if you seal off the top of the sight glass before you start the pump.
The pump will draw air thru the sight glass and capitate the pump causing loss of prime.
YMMV
Best regards
Jbrown

Back