bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benny1982

Reaction score
When bottling all grain. (this is my first try) Do you use priming sugars when you bottle? If so, is there a guideline on how much per batch size?

Thanks
Benny

Are you assuming that all-grain doesn't need priming sugar to carbonate, but extract does?

Because that is most definitely not the case. Prime as you normally would.

first time, not assuming anything. Hence the question, but now that you put it like that. I guess it was a stupid question.

Thanks,
Benny

Not stupid, you know the old addage; "The only stupid question is the one that goes un-asked." Some people's writing styles are just more acerbic than others. Keep asking questions.

Keyth

Not stupid, you know the old addage; "The only stupid question is the one that goes un-asked." Some people's writing styles are just more acerbic than others. Keep asking questions.

Keyth

This

I was going to go with "abrasive" but yeah, "acerbic" is nice.

I was only trying to get a bit more clarification so I could properly answer the question :ban:

I kinda go along yooper's post, but I always back it down by a half ounce. I bottled two batches both at 4.5 gals each, primed with 4 oz of corn sugar. I find undercarbed beer is better than overcarbed beer, personally.

Back