Bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kschadt06

Reaction score
So I bottled my first brew yesterday with a bottle filler and was very inconsistent with how far the beer was filled in the bottles. Will that cause any type of problem with carbonation if bottle is filed less than 1 inch from top? Also I seemd to make such a mess with the filler leaking after removing as well. Next time I will have small bucket to place in between bottles..

Sounds like the spring in the filler thing. Is beat... id buy a new one and after about 4 bottles you should have figured out the displacement. I usually pull the filler thing up right when the beer reaches the top or maybe a bit before. The carbonation should be fine

Yeah, when I bottle, I always fill the bottle to the top. Removing the wand then leaves the perfect amount of headspace in the bottle. To help with the mess, either bottle over some kind of bucket on the floor, or, even better, if bottling in your kitchen, do it over the open dishwasher door.

Check out this thread. It give great advice on bottling.

pksmitty said:
Yeah, when I bottle, I always fill the bottle to the top. Removing the wand then leaves the perfect amount of headspace in the bottle. To help with the mess, either bottle over some kind of bucket on the floor, or, even better, if bottling in your kitchen, do it over the open dishwasher door.

Check out this thread. It give great advice on bottling.

Ahh the wand. So I guess "filler thing" isn't the technical term....

And I like the avatar. GO RAVENS.....

Try turn your tap down a bit to stem the flow if there are to many bubbles which causes you to have an inch left in the bottle. The 'bottling wand' should leave the perfect amount of space if it is fully submerged when it gets to the top

Back