Bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkh389

Reaction score
Quick question, if I let my beer sit in primary for 4 weeks and then transfer to a bottling bucket with priming sugar I can assume there are still active yeast floating around in my brew to cause carbonation right? I ask this because I would assume all the yeast are in the trub as I did not siphon the last .5 gallon of beer.

Thanks,

oh yeah, also my siphon had this black little cap that covered the end of the tip (the part that goes into the fermentor) and I was wondering if I was suppose to leave that on during siphoning or not. I did not.

yes you should leave the black piece on but anything you suck up will

eventually settle out in the bottle. I have been greedy when bottling and

ended up with about 1/4 inch in the bottom of my last bottle:drunk:

just have to watch when you pour.

Yep, plenty of yeast still in suspension, and leave the black tip on so you don't suck up the trub. I also find it useful to let the beer sit in the bottling bucket (in the place you are going to bottle from) for about 1/2 hour before bottling to let anything sucked in settle back out. This is when I sanitize my bottles and caps. That way only the last two bottles seem to get much crap in there :D

Back