Bottling with a "Bowie" like bottler at serving pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolomieu

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I have a couple 525SS's and "bowie" like bottling set up. I originally had gotten the "compliment" as well but it's evolved to this.

I picked up a 3/8" piece of stainless tubing from stainless brewing.com. I actually have two: one at 1ft and another at 1.5ft. The longer is better for growlers and such. I use a small piece of 3/8" ID tubing to connect the filler and SS tube. Now this really isn't much different than any other setup. originally i used a much long piece of tube from the filler to the ss tube but it was more cumbersome bottling, capping and dealing with it. This set up allows the tube to hang.

I hate messing keezers pressure but the bowie like bottlers usually pop out above 5 psi (or at least thats my experience). I had some silicone tuning from Bobby M lying around. It's the usual 1/2" stuff. What i've done is slip it over the outside of the growler filler base. It then gets pushed around the faucet as you put the filler in.

This has allows me to bottle at serving pressure (12 psi for me). There is enough added friction that the filler doesn't pop out. Is also allows the setup to hang securely from the tap.

It's cheap and most people have some of this tubing lying around. Hope this may help someone that hates messing with the pressure as i do.

IMG_20140313_212524_435.jpg

IMG_20140313_211702_823.jpg

Back