Bottling half Carboy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisr

Reaction score
A recent bottle massacre left me short some bottles. I have enough to bottle half a 5 gal carboy now. And after this weekend I should have enough to finish. But probably will not get to actually bottle till next Wednesday. Can a bottle half now the rest next week? I do not have any NO2 to layer on top of what is left & it will just sit there with airlock. It will have been in the seconday 3 weeks today (1 week in Prim)already, which is why I'm ready to bottle. It is a big stout so today is when I had planned to bottle. If I NEED to get bottles (or drink what I got bottled now) I will. Also if waiting another week will be ok I can do that too. Sorry so long. Thanks in advance for any advice.

You don't want to get into priming "sort of half" of it. Waiting can only improve it.
Patience is almost completely universally the right answer to any beer question.

Thank ya'll so much! It really eased my mind. I will wait.
I LOVE THIS SITE

Back