Bottling Bucket Won't Seal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizgig

Reaction score
I just bought a bucket from Midwest and I cannot get it to seal, the hole is so tight I have to basically screw in the spigot, this kind of distorts the shape of the bucket and I think that is the reason it won't seal properly. Is that normal or does the spigot normally go through the hole more easily? There's a washer on each side, a white one on the inside and a firmer black one on the outside.

Some people have reported better luck with two washers on one side rather than one on each. Put the softer on next to the bucket if you try this.

My spigot leaked a couple months ago and I tried tightening it with the beer in there and it still leaked but not real badly so I finished bottling and took it off the bucked only to find that I had bumped it when I dropped the bucket and cracked the spigot. Check yours for that too.

This is brand new out of the box, I've tried everything with the washers and so has my wife, I can't even use it as a cleaning bucket right now.

I think maybe it got too hot when they drilled it and the hole is warped or something.

Back