Bottling after one or 2 weeks.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todes

Reaction score
Hello, I usually left the wort fermenting for 2 weeks, then I cold crash it, add some gelatin, leave it some days and I Keg it. Plug it to CO2 for 8 - 9 days and bottle after that. It takes about a month to have it bottled. I had this device used for quick carbing the beer in 1 hour. I used it once and that time I didn´t bottled, I just left it in the kegerator, and I noticed that the beer tasted better after a week in there than just right after it was carbed. So I stop using the Quick carb device and just let it there plugged to CO2 for the time I mentioned before.

Here is the thing. There is a party coming soon and I want to brew some batches of different kind of beers. If I use my standard procedure I won´t be able to make it. So, I think that I could use the Quick carb device and bottle right after that and the time will do what it does on the beer and everything will be ok. What I want to know is if the beer would taste the same as if I had it on the keg for a month, and bottled it; than I have it on the keg for 2 weeks and in the bottls for 2 weeks.
Other thing would this 2 weeks on bottle change the clearness of the beer? because it would be 2 weeks less in cold. I mean, instead of beeing 12 days in cold it will only be 3 - 5 days.

I wouldn't worry about the 2 week versus 4 week old beer. Naturally, any bulk aged beer will taste better and be more clear than a 2 week old one.

Any excess yeast in the bottle should fall out overnight when chilled down. I checked a bottle of hazy Hefe Weizen that I put in the fridge just yesterday...it's clear now.

Do you think a blonde ale would be clear that way?

Most beer will clear with time and cold temps. A blonde definitely falls into that MOST beer category.

Back