Bottles with #7 to be banned?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MikeFlynn74 said:
No most of us dont want to work until July to pay for substandard healthcare that will be abused by the obese and the welfare society.

Both the Obese and Welfare are self created issues, I know. But The reason for outrage at the Healthcare is it limits options, raises cost while lowering quality and increasing Gov.
Mike, perhaps there is some truth to your sentiments. But I also lived long enough in the US to know that the problems with our health care system can be distorted somewhat in America. It was my perception that you need to be able to afford a pretty decent health insurance policy to substantially surpass the care that is offered in Canada.

Yes, I acknowledge there are exceptions. Our system is far from perfect. But it is based on the principle that every citizen should be entitled to adequate health care. When I lived in the US, I met a number of families whose lives had been irrevocably changed by the burden of paying for the care of a sick family member. The worst was the family of the sister of a woman I worked closely with. Their young child suffered from lukemia and the family never had adequate health insurance. The eventually lost a child, lost their savings to the health companies, and were ruined financially and emotionally. I am not sure how often this sort of thing happens, but it is enough to make me want to keep paying for my universal health care.

Anyways, my point was that you really have to experience both systems before you can see what is good and bad about each of them. For me, it took living in the US for a couple of years to appreciate what I took for granted. But it also made me aware of what excellent health care was, if you could afford to pay for it.

Yes, I acknowledge there are exceptions. Our system is far from perfect. But it is based on the principle that every citizen should be entitled to adequate health care.

I totally agree- However Canada doesnt have the issues of Immigration, lawsuits, obeseity or everything else for people blame for them being fat lazy welfare collecting losers.

Americans have developed a Entitlement attitude. They go to McDonalds 3 meals a day for 40 years and need a $200,000 heart bypass/transplant or whatever its not their fault- We should pay for that?

Also any Gov run organization is a giant target for lawsuits. Even if there was a 99.9% chance the patient would die during surgery, a 100% if no surgery was performed. The Hospital/Gov would be sued for the patient dieing.

I dont like the current system, but the possibilities for a Gov run/subsidized one scares me to no end.

I am also basing a lot of my opinions off of what I see in our Military health care- We have a lot of spouses who are obese and take their kids to the hospital every other day because they are hypochonriacs. Not having to pay means its only time and it really lowers the standards.

Back