Bottled cider temperature??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmccann21

Reaction score
Hi - I have 4 cases of just bottled cider in a garage, and I'm not sure if I could keep it there where it could go below 32*F or bring it to a warmer location. I added sugar to the bottles to make the finished product carbonated. Where should I store for the next few months? I plan on starting to drink the cider by April. Any info would be helpful - this is my first time!!

It depends if you added just enough sugar or more. If you added just enough I'd store it warm til it's carbonated then store it anywhere from 32-60 deg. If you added more you need to know when it's carbonated enough then make sure it's 32-40 after that.

Ditto what Mark said. It might take a few weeks to fully carb in the warmer temperature. At room temperature I've had it take anywhere from 2 to 5 weeks to carb to my liking, depending on the way it was made, etc. You just have to test one and then refrigerate once its where you want it.

Thank you! I have moved the bottles to room temp and will taste in a couple weeks. I'm a little nervous about the bottles exploding, but assuming that won't happen within the next couple weeks? I guess I'll have to wait and find out:)

Thank you! I have moved the bottles to room temp and will taste in a couple weeks. I'm a little nervous about the bottles exploding, but assuming that won't happen within the next couple weeks? I guess I'll have to wait and find out:)

If you confirmed SG was stable before bottling and added the correct amount of priming sugar, then you shouldn't have bombs

Back