Bottle Sanitation - How long is it good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophist73

Reaction score
Newbie question - In the past, I sanitized my bottles w/ StarSan spray bottle right before use. I recently bought SaniClean and cleaned and sanitized all my bottles about 2 weeks ago according to SaniClean contact time instructions and put them into a FastRack to drip dry.
  • For those that use SaniClean, does it require it to be completely dry before you use the bottles?
  • Do I need to spray these again w/ StarSan before I fill them, or are they still sanitized?
Thank you!

I would re-sanitize them before use - |Star-San is fine; you don't have to saniclean them again.
I personally sanitize bottles just before packaging - within an hour or two at most. |I also store the bottles upside down in a box with clean paper towel at the bottom. I haven't had any issues coming from bottling.

I fill a bucket and dunk about 8 bottles in it, then take them out, let (most of) the saniclean drip out and fill them. Repeat.
Never had any issues with star san bite or the like. Any sanitizer left in the bottles are in such miniscule amounts anyways.

Latest posts

Back