Bottle carbonation question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AsianMead

Reaction score
This weekend will be my first time bottling carbonation for my mead ale.
It was started fermentation 3 weeks ago with OG 1.045 and now the fermentation already stoped without bubbling on the airlock.
I plan to use the carbonation drops for my mead ale which it has the instruction on its bag.
The thing that I still concern is when I bottling ale into the bottle with the drops. How warm temp should I leave it to start the fermentation again? Because my country is extremly hot (28-34C) but my ale was fermented under temperature control.
Can I leave it stay with that warm or only couple days then bring them to the controllable area about 18 - 23C ?
Please help.

PS. This batch was fermented by Belgian Brewferm ale yeast.

Where I live it gets pretty hot in summer time, I´ve found no problem bottle conditioning in warmer temps. Ideally you should store them around 20C, if there is no sudden changes in temperature (and it´s hard to have 5 gallons of beer to change dramaticly within a day) you can store them for a couple of days at higher temps. I get outside temps of 34C too but there is a couple of fresh closet in my aparment where the temp doesn´t goes up from 25C. I´ll just put them in the darker cooler place that you can find and forget about it.

Back