Botched my recipe...but

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psujeeperman02

Reaction score
IT WORKED!

So I brewed an AG Zombie dust clone. Recipe was for 5gal. I was planning a 10gal batch, so I simply doubled the entire recipe and brewed it.

Of course after brewing it, I then checked the forum and found that doubling the grain seems to work, but the hops don't work out that way. I figured there'd be some off flavors or maybe I'd be light on the hops.

Tonight I transferred to keg and took one last FG reading. Came in at 1.012 which the recipe said it should be about 1.017.
Not sure what happened there...but of course I took a taste of the FG sample and holy moly...it was delicious. Maybe it's tough to screw up a beer with all citra hops :)

That's my rant for the evening. Happy Brewing, All

You did fine. Not sure where the understanding comes from about doubling a batch (been discussed on here for years....), however it stands to reason to double ingredients. Hell, my trusty software does exactly that or damn close. Enjoy the beer and don't ever sweat mistakes or perceived mistakes!! It's like saying a kid was a mistake. No beer is ugly. LOL :mug:

Latest posts

Back