Boil over happens

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwhite60

Reaction score
Trying to take care of too many things at once today. Washing some stuff in the sink but keeping an eye on the kettle. Should have taken the lid off but was in a bit of a hurry.

First time in many years. Many, many years.

Didn't get to far along before I stopped it.

Good news is I got 80% efficiency on my mash today! Woohoo!

All the Best,
D. White

Trying to take care of too many things at once today. Washing some stuff in the sink but keeping an eye on the kettle. Should have taken the lid off but was in a bit of a hurry.

First time in many years. Many, many years.

Didn't get to far along before I stopped it.

Good news is I got 80% efficiency on my mash today! Woohoo!

All the Best,
D. White

I always use one of those digital thermometers for cooking (don't know the word in english) set at 98°C with alert. Never failed so far...:)

I always use one of those digital thermometers for cooking (don't know the word in english) set at 98°C with alert. Never failed so far...:)

Target sells cheap didital thermometers by Taylor for about $15. I set the alarm feature to say 200* and have only had two boil overs in the past 3 years.

When the alarm goes off I'm there turning down the propane and the other hand has a squirt bottle of water to help keep boil over from happening.

Back