Bodhi circa 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LumberZach

Reaction score
Hi there. I have really been thinking about Bodhi lately. I'm primarily a brewer of NEIPA's, but want to brew something different. I had my first Bodhi when it was draft only back in 2014. That beer opened my eyes to what a great DIPA can be. Back then, Bodhi was a somewhat hazy (not murky) DIPA that was tropical on the nose as well as the taste. It also had an assertive bitterness, but didn't negate the thick tropical flavor. Since Columbus Brewing started bottling Bodhi, it hasn't been the same. It is now crystal clear and has lost alot of the tropical flavor I loved so much and replaced it with more dank bitterness. I'm trying to recapture what I had back in 2014.

I've dug through a few threads on here about Bodhi, and took pieces of recipes and came up with what I have below. The thing I didn't like about those threads, however, was that nobody really posted results. So I hope to get as close as I can, and finally post something that people will enjoy and get to taste a beer from the past. Any tips, info, advice, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Title: Bodhi circa 2014
Brew Method: All Grain
Style Name: DIPA
Boil Time: 60 min
Batch Size: 3 gallons
Boil Size: 4.35 gallons
Boil Gravity: 1.057
Efficiency: 60% (I know, it sucks)
Mash: 155F for 60 min

STATS:
Original Gravity: 1.078
Final Gravity: 1.014
ABV: 8.5%
IBU: 79.1
SRM: 4.7

FERMENTABLES:
7 lbs. 6oz. - Pilsner Malt (74.24%)
1 lb. 3oz. - Vienna (11.95%)
14oz. - White Wheat (8.81%)
8oz. - Dextrose (late boil) (5%)

HOPS:
0.5oz. - Simcoe, Boil for 60 min
0.5oz. - Simcoe, Boil for 10 min
0.5oz. - Citra, Boil for 10 min
0.5oz. - Centennial, Boil for 10 min
1.5oz. - Simcoe, Whirlpool for 30 min
1.5oz. - Citra, Whirlpool for 30 min
1oz. - Centennial, Whirlpool for 30 min
2oz. - Citra, Dry Hop
1.5oz. - Simcoe, Dry Hop
0.5oz. - Centennial, Dry Hop

YEAST:
Wyeast - American Ale 1056 or Wyeast - London Ale III 1318
Fermentation Temp: 66 F (1056), 68 F (1318)

Here is the first pour of Bodhi that I had back in 2014 for reference.

ZA0oxEV.jpg

Last edited:
Back