Bock season in cincy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrodincincy

Reaction score
So, we are getting closer and closer to bockfest here in cincinnati!! For any of you who live in or near the city; Hofbrauhaus Newport just tapped the Feburary beer the "Adulterator" which is a delicious Dopplebock. If you haven't already you need to stumble on down and get yourselft a half liter of this delicious beer! I myself will be enjoying 1 or 2 of these this Saturday. :drunk:

It will be a glorious experience! :D

Adulterator - "A rich, complex, full bodied Doppelbock with hints of chocolate, coffee, caramel and a bit of a hop presence at the end."
- Hofbrauhaus Newport

hofbrahaus rocks. me and my brothers of the bavarian brotherhood (green hat club) will be there. we were there last month for the christmas hof. that beer was delicous. i need to make a clone of that one, but i have no idea what's in it.

I don't think I've tried the christmas brew. I will agree with you that Hofbrau rocks! If I could, I'd live in that place, drink all the beer, and eat all the pretzels and beercheese I can stuff in!

The Adulterator has to be one of my favorites (next to the dunkel) that they offer there.

Since my g/f will be driving I'm sure I'll be stumbling out of there. I'll be there with a huge crowd celebrating my sisters birthday on Saturday night. :drunk::tank:

Oh I can almost taste the delicious necter now :p

Tonight, Friday Jan 30th will be "Christian Moerlein & The German-American Citizens League Present: Moerlein Emancipator Doppelbock Keg-Tapping at the Cincinnati Donauschwaben Society.

This is another good doppelbock by Christian Moerlein.

Link to the event http://www.donauschwaben.com/kegtap.pdf

Link to Donauschwaben Homepage DONAUSCHWABEN.COM

These events are always a good time. Good food and good entertainment. My g/f brother is actually one of the dancers here. Its neat to watch these guys dance.

I brewed my bock too late so it won't be ready for the bockfest comp :(

But I'll have to go out to Hofbrauhaus for the Adulterator! :D

Shame on me. Almost Feb and I haven't brewed my bock yet this year. I usually brew it around New Year's day. Just bought ingredients today, and it's on the docket for next weekend.:mug:

Back