Bock fermentation question's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arg1129

Reaction score
I did the Traditional Bock from brewing classic styles about two weeks ago. I fermented at 50 degrees for two weeks using wyeast 2206. I did do a starter on a stir plate, 1.75l step to 2l but did have the starter blow off about .25L. Pitched the yeast left from the 1.75L left after the spill. My SG was 1.071 and on Saturday I noticed a slow in fermentation and the krausen was starting to fall back into the beer of I raised the temp to 60 for a D'rest. After about 48 hours there I tested it today and am still at ~1.027 (temperature corrected hydrometer reading).

The krausen has completely fallen back into the beer at this point and my blowoff tube is bubbling at about 4-6 bubbles per minute.

My question is should I RDWHAHB or did I stall and need to add yeast or do anything.

My initial thought was to drop back to 50 degrees and let it sit a week before testing again.

Any help would be appreciated as this is my first lager and am starting to stress a bit that I messed something up...

Thanks. I changed from my large 1" blowoff tube to a smaller "S" and saw there is still a fair amount of co2 activity and hopefully fermentation, so I'm crossing my fingers I can hit the teens for FG

Let it finish at the higher temp, or you could put the yeast to sleep and stall the fermentation. At this point, you won't be adding many, if any, esthery flavors. You aren't that far from optimal FG, patience.

Then lager it for an extended time, it'll be worth it. Drinking a Doppelbock and a Dunkel Doppel bock right now, love 'em.

Back