Bob Barker passed away

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The price is right...........b!tch."

Lot of memories watching TPiR when I was younger, whether I was out of school as a kid or out of work sick as a man. I had an uncle that was a contestant on there in 1980. He guessed the price of a new Pontiac LeMans I believe. I don't know how long he kept it.

I thought Bob was funny on Happy Gilmore.

RIP Mr Barker.

We were talking about this at our draft party yesterday, and someone asked who is now the oldest living celebrity/movie star/tv personality. As of right now (today) it's Norman Lear (to speak of celebrities we all may have heard of). I cannot count how many shows I watched as a kid where he was the producer. He's 101. Dick Van Dyke also came up in the conversation, he's 97. I'm old.

Van Dyke was also on an episode of Scrubs. Kind of interesting that they got him and then had him play a doctor that was stuck in the past and didn't keep up with new procedures. At least he was likable.

Jerry Van Dyke? I remember him with Craig T nelson on "Coach".

Oh Quincy the basset, and Doubber.

The pilot for Coach made it seem like it was going to have some really serious moments with Craig trying to redeem himself to his daughter after being an absent father. That didn't really last long.

Back