Blood orange recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g2rnewton

Reaction score
I have some blood oranges in my freezer, that I have been saving for a homebrew batch. Only craft beers with blood orange I have had is a pale ale from flying dog and a IPA from duclaw...both Maryland breweries. I typically brew a summer beer with orange zest that is a Belgium wit. Curious on opinions....should I go with more of pale ale or a lighter wit or wheat beer?

Daves BrewFarm SOB OMG!
COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Sticking to our roots of using farm-fresh and unique ingredients in the LaBrewatory, this is a homage to the end of summer. You’ll delight in our Sour Orange Basil – Oh My Goodness! Pils and Ashburne Mild malts, Glacier and Ahtunum hops. Brown sugar, sour orange puree and a late addition of fresh basil.

I made a Blood Orange Witbier last year with my blood oranges and also a Blood Orange Spiced Mead with them. Both came out great. It took about a month for the witbier to settle down and meld as I used just a little to much coriander.

I decided to go with a blood orange Belgium wit beer for my late summer batch. I have 6 oranges, and was thinking of just going with the zest, no pulp. Do you all think 6 for 5 gallons is too much, not enough?

Latest posts

Back