Blichmann Thermometer Issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluesNBrews

Reaction score
Hello All!

I just purchases a 10 gal. Blichmann Brewpot and burner and tested them out this weekend. I noticed a problem with my thermometer in that it seems to only operate between 110 and 190 degrees. I read the cautions in the manual about excessive heat on the thermometer and used the heat shield provided. The thermometer still got pretty hot (could still hold it) and I'm hoping I did not damage it. The manual mentioned fogging with excessive heat, and there is none of that.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem be or have had similar experiences? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Have you tried tapping the glass gently? Sometimes these types of mechanical thermometers get "stuck" and need some encouragement. If that doesn't fix it, or the problem recurs constantly, I'd do a warranty replacement.

If the thermometer moved after you tapped it then you definitely have a problem and it needs to be replaced inder warranty.

Latest posts

Back