Blichmann g1 15 gallon kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geneticjim

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a chance to get a G1 15 gal for 299. Its brand new... Should I? I'm tempted...

Sounds like the original MSRP.
Any negotiating room? Would the seller take $250?
As lovely as the G1s are, $300 is tough for the 15g, and it could be tricky finding a mate someday if you ever want one...

Good luck!

Sounds like the original MSRP.
Any negotiating room? Would the seller take $250?
As lovely as the G1s are, $300 is tough for the 15g, and it could be tricky finding a mate someday if you ever want one...

Good luck!

Its in my LHBS. I'm not so worried about a matching pair. I have keggle for hlt. I will see if I can get it down a bit. Its been there a while. The msrp on the g2 15 gal are 379.

Ah, well, you may hit a wall, the G2 roll-out kinda left retailers that actually carried G1 stock in a lurch and Blichmann wasn't particularly generous in vendor credits.

But if you use the "might not be able to find a mate some day" line it might be good for $25 ;)

Cheers!

[edit] btw, definitely not trying to put you off the G1. I'm actually a big fan, with a pair of 10g and three 20g G1s :)
View attachment 383121

I'm assuming its a high quality product that will aid in making some good beer. I get that its not the eq. its the brewer but having a great quality product can't hurt lol

I was able to recently pick up a 30 gallon G1 and 2x 20 gallon G1s here on the forum. Glad I did. I like em.

Its in my LHBS. I'm not so worried about a matching pair. I have keggle for hlt. I will see if I can get it down a bit. Its been there a while. The msrp on the g2 15 gal are 379.

So if you using a Keggle with it I think it's safe to say the cosmetic or bragging rights isn't your primary focus... For $200 you can get a great quality 15 gallons kettle so why pay so much for an old blichmann pot? Just my 2 cents but I'd buy something a little more competitively priced for what it is. It's not the brand of kettle that makes better beer btw...😉

So if you using a Keggle with it I think it's safe to say the cosmetic or bragging rights isn't your primary focus... For $200 you can get a great quality 15 gallons kettle so why pay so much for an old blichmann pot? Just my 2 cents but I'd buy something a little more competitively priced for what it is. It's not the brand of kettle that makes better beer btw...😉

I'm glad u said something. It prompted me to look at sub 300 kettles. As brewing makes a really nice 15 gallon kettle for 230. It has a triclad bottom and graduation marks inside...

you can always find another 15g G1, just might take a few months..........I thought the same thing when I found one for $300, then went on the search for 2 more........I picked them up used on the boards for 250-300. Now I have a matching set.....but I have also acquired a G1 10G and 20G........

Back