blichmann beer gun troubles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonToews

Reaction score
The problem i'm having is when I press the gas button I don't hear any c02 going into the bottle. My other problem is I can pour the beer into a bottle but the the small black silicone valve on the “U” shaped stainless clip keeps falling off and beer shoots everywhere. Is it just me or have other people had this situation.

I don't hear gas, either, when I push the co2 button. BUT, I do see the effects if I accidently push it when the bottle of beer is half full! (don't do it yourself, unless you want to clean up a mess, but you could try it to see if the gas line is hooked up properly but with less beer in the bottle- or do it in a glass of water).

As far as the little black thingy falling off- mine is on there tightly, and is difficult to remove. It can't just fall off. Did you install it properly on the end?

i have used my beergun many times over the past year and a half that i've had it.

if i set the gas to over 5psi i can hear it whooshing into the bottle. i also sanitize my bottles with starsan and the small amount of foam left in the bottle is blown and swirled around when i purge prior to filling.

i, too, have had the rubber 'valve seat' fall off during filling a couple of times. one time it fell off during cleanup and bounced right down the drain.

so yes on both counts: yes i usually hear the gas and yes i have had the valve seat fall off.

i love my beergun. it makes bottling fun and gives me added assurance that my bottles will not oxidize (especially for comps...no oxidized comments on scoresheets yet).

I have had a lot of problems the rubber stopper/seal on my beer gun. I talked to John Blichmann about it a NHC and I have to say he seemed like he couldn't care less. I think they should provide a replacement rubber piece when you buy it. A replacement costs $4.

I bought my BG off craigslist and have the same problem with the rubber stopper. I've been wondering if this it is always like that or something the previous owner did. More importantly if replacing it would fix the problem or if that is a design flaw. I should buy a back up just in case because it's just a matter of time before it falls down the drain.

when i purchased a new valve seat it fit quite snugly at first. i think it stretches out over time, especially if you take it off every time you clean the beer gun (which i do). i think a backup is a good idea. they're currently 4.50 at northern brewer which is a bit ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back