Bleu Cheese Vs Ranch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranch Vs Bleu cheese

• Bleu Cheese

• Ranch

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've tried blEU cheese many a time, but I just don't like it. Ranch's creamy goodness has always been a comfort to my soul. Ranch it is!

That said, I rarely eat wings. The meat to bone to work ratio is to low.

I've tried blEU cheese many a time, but I just don't like it. Ranch's creamy goodness has always been a comfort to my soul. Ranch it is!

You must not know how to do it right.:D

Frying > Baking
Blue Cheese > Ranch

I made a batch for the Pats/Jets game last night. Fried them of course and the sauce was BBQ sauce, butter, and Jack Daniels heated separately. Best non-hot wings I've ever had...

Blue cheese, for sure, but it's too bad there's no such thing as a liquid Stilton cheese salad dressing. Imagine, buffalo wings, Stilton cheese dressing, a vintage port wine, and a fine Cuban cigar.

You mean fromage bleu? The French don't make much blue cheese, so I stick to calling it blue cheese. :)

HA! I knew my true friends would come out of the woodwork against the insanity that is blew cheese. Homercidal, Laurel, you're my new bestest friends. In this thread.

Stilton is the bestest blue cheese ever....I'll be damned if I'm gonna call it bleu cheese when it ain't even French!!

PS I also pronounce the "H" in herbs, because, well....it's got a f*cking "H" in it. ;)

I have a buddy that hates crab legs because he says it's too much work to get the meat out. You people are nuts, and blue cheese is gross.

GO RANCH!

You mean fromage bleu? The French don't make much blue cheese, so I stick to calling it blue cheese. :)

I went to the grocery store a couple of days ago and indulged in a cheese buying binge. I bought some Stilton and some Shropshire Blue. They are both wonderful cheeses. I also picked up a California blue called Humboldt Fog. Most of the French cheeses I bought were white surface mold cheeses like the excellent Normandy Camembert and the Bucherondine du Chèvre. But there was one very good French blue cheese I picked up called Bleu d'Auvergne; sharp and pungent with a nice soft spreading consistency.

I wonder if I can successfully culture Penicillium roqueforti for my own cheese?

THANK YOU. That is one of my pet peeves. :D

You need to get a new one, since "blue cheese" is more correct than "bleu cheese". In English, "Bleu" should only be used when referring to specific French cheeses (such as Bleu d'Auvergne), and the general category is "Blue".

Blue Cheese. Its so the celery doesn't taste like ****. Don't dip the wings.

Are you kidding Bleu cheese all the way and I love wings...here is my list of places I go.

Monday: Kelly's II in Wind Lake 25¢ wings and you get the entire wing
Tuesday: In Cahoots 5-9pm in Genesis Depot 20¢ wings and the hot wings are HOT
Wednesday: Scores in Racine 25¢ wings
Thursday: In Cahoots 5-9pm in Genesis Depot 20¢ wings or Spinnakers in Racine 25¢ wings

Then you always have Buckets Pub in Racine no specials though

Friday: Fish Fry of coarse

Sometimes I get a side of sauce too then run the wing through Bleu cheese and then more sauce...mmmmmmmmmm
If you run the wing through the sauce first the cheese doesn't stick to good...LOL
Celery is a good break, when you are taking down 20 or 30 wings some times you need a break.

Lets keep in mind that the stuff you dip the wings in isn't really Blue Cheese. Its pretty much sour cream, mayo, and a little cheese crumbled in. With that said, the combination of Buffalo wings and blue cheese dressing makes me salivate just thinking about it. BC FTW...

Stilton is the bestest blue cheese ever....I'll be damned if I'm gonna call it bleu cheese when it ain't even French!!

Stilton rules for sure, but I also love Rochefort and Gorgonzola. I recently tried Cabrales blue, but it wasn't quite funky enough for me. I like my blue to be pretty damn funkadelic...:fro:

I live 30 miles from Brooklyn, NY. What is this ****ty pizza you speak of? :D

If you grow up out east, then move to the middle of the country, you find lots of ****ty "food". Not just pizza, but also Chinese and anything that formerly lived in the ocean. Mexican isn't bad, though

Hehe! In this town there are 5 or 6 pizza places. They are all very good or total crap depending who you ask. I guess pizza is very prone to subjective tastes. ;)

Yup, everyone has their preferences of course. I have to say though, the Italian-American food outside my area has all sucked. The common and unfounded theory around here is that its because of the tap water they use, which supposedly comes down from upstate. Whatever it is, it works...

If you grow up out east, then move to the middle of the country, you find lots of ****ty "food". Not just pizza, but also Chinese and anything that formerly lived in the ocean. Mexican isn't bad, though

I'll be in Wisconsin in another couple years, so I'm mentally preparing already for the food there. I should be ok though because I usually enjoy the local fare when I travel. I can't think of any regional food that I couldn't get into. Of course, I've never been anywhere too weird either. I'm expecting lots of German-American cuisine in WI, which includes beer and therefore will suffice...

I'll be in Wisconsin in another couple years, so I'm mentally preparing already for the food there. I should be ok though because I usually enjoy the local fare when I travel. I can't think of any regional food that I couldn't get into. Of course, I've never been anywhere too weird either. I'm expecting lots of German-American cuisine in WI, which includes beer and therefore will suffice...

Yes, but soon you will find yourself flying back to Wisco with a carry on cooler filled with ducksauce and fish because you can't get the real stuff. Trust me, it will happen.

I agree that a good wing doesn't need any dipping. But, how many times have you ordered wings and been disappointed with them? That's when the dip comes handy. For me, its bleu cheese ftw!

Were in Wisconsin? Between Racine and Kenosha we have a pretty good sized Italian community and some pretty damn good pizza and we all know great cheese comes from Wisconsin...;)

Wells Brothers is one of my favorites for a thin crust and consistently is on the top in pizza polls...
Here they are on USA Today

10 great places to moon over a big pizza pie - USATODAY.com

For a pan pizza I like a Infusino's house special...

Were in Wisconsin? Between Racine and Kenosha we have a pretty good sized Italian community and some pretty damn good pizza and we all know great cheese comes from Wisconsin...;)

Wells Brothers is one of my favorites for a thin crust and consistently is on the top in pizza polls...
Here they are on USA Today

10 great places to moon over a big pizza pie - USATODAY.com

For a pan pizza I like a Infusino's house special...

We'll be in Door County up on the peninsula. Is Wells Bros one location or are there multiple? I agree that great cheese comes from WI. I will probably have than I should while I'm there...

We'll be in Door County up on the peninsula. Is Wells Bros one location or are there multiple? I agree that great cheese comes from WI. I will probably have than I should while I'm there...

That is a beautiful area but very touristy in the summer.

Sorry but Wells is a single family owned restaurant....it is in a bad area, they have a Sheriff patrolling the parking lot...lol but the food is great.

That is a beautiful area but very touristy in the summer.

Sorry but Wells is a single family owned restaurant....it is in a bad area, they have a Sheriff patrolling the parking lot...lol but the food is great.

Yeah, we'll be adding to the touristy atmosphere...:D

Back