Bitterness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elderbrewer

Reaction score
I have brewed 4 batches in a row that turned bitter after 3 days in the keg. Tasting prior to kegging they were a golden color and tasted good, 3 days in the keg and they get darker and bitter. I have been very careful with time and temps. I have brewed 3 different recipes, they all taste the same. All pale ales. Any ideas?

Would you be able to post one of the recipes along with your mash temp and any other useful info? Then we can see what may have gone wrong.

I had the same thing occur to multiple batches after bottling. I suspected an infection of some sort after running through many other possibilities. I noticed my lines were getting a fine powdery residue on the inside, also bottles with beer that turned bitter/dark. I switched the lines and no more issues... So far

Sounds like a nasty infection. I got something like that, dumped 2 batches in a row a couple summers ago. Didn't "figure it out", but my basement was a variable and I stopped fermenting beer down there. Never happened again.

Back