Big Congolmerate Breweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonnyjim

Reaction score
So I've had a few... In fact I'm drinking the Canada Day edition of Innis and Gun. Delicious. But seriously, I'm not a beer snob(somewhat though). Although I am completely against the big breweries owning the rights to the tastes of palates across North America through it's advertising of big boobs and hair extensions, I can still appreciate a cold corn and rice beer on a hot day after painting the house or mowing the lawn(only on tap).

All that aside though, in the past 10 minutes I've seen two advertisements which just got me pissed off. One for Kokanee and one for Bud. What are they selling? ****. That's what they're selling. A poor excuse for a real beer that is dumbed down by cheap ingredients and has ruined the palates of North Americans since the depression.

My question is, when anybody else sees these advertisements for the big breweries selling tits and 'coolness' by drinking their beer, do they get as pissed off as me and go on a small rant?? Long live craft beer and homebrewers!!!!:rockin:

Make that 3... Alexander Keiths. People think that they are a higher end beer but ONLY because they SAYYYY that they are a higher end beer. They are the same as the rest. JUNK(except on a hot day on tap fresh at a local bar if there is nothing else to order)

My question is, when anybody else sees these advertisements for the big breweries selling tits and 'coolness' by drinking their beer,

They use tits and coolness to sell nearly everything in this country, get over it.

_

They use tits and coolness to sell nearly everything in this country, get over it.

_

While a bit more abrupt that I would phrase it, I think wildwest is right.

Deodorant, panty liners, midol, beer, Pizza rolls, even yogurt. If you wanna be cool in the clubs, you MUST wear brand XXXX panti liners so you don't have that "not so fresh" feeling.

It's all about boobs and/or coolness to sell anything. That's one of the many reasons I don't watch TV, I guess. The ads.

I was watching hockey last winter and they kept having commercials for a certain car, I think Toyota, a van that was such a grocery getter it was funny. Except the ads tried to make you think that driving a grocery getter with two kids in the back was hot.

Trust me. A Grocery Getter is not hot. Neither is Boston Cream Pie Yogurt, panty liners, or Miller Lite.

If an ad tells you it's hot, then cross it off your "hot list".

I love the bud ads in Zymurgy. I see a big, wet bottle of Budweiser and it makes me feel the same way.

mkwasnie said:
I love the bud ads in Zymurgy. I see a big, wet bottle of Budweiser and it makes me feel the same way.

Wait... It makes you feel big and wet? No wonder it sells so well!

Maybe I went a bit overboard I guess. I thought I would have rallied more troops on this one.

Here's is the underlying message for ~80% of the adds geared towards men:

Use/drink/buy XXXX, it will get you laid! (by women way out of your league)

Here's is the underlying message for ~80% of the adds geared towards men:

Use/drink/buy XXXX, it will get you laid! (by women way out of your league)

The guys in the ads are supposed to look like us (ordinary), the women are always top drawer. Except Shmitt's Gay...that had 'hot' guys.

Back