BIAB kit from Electric Brewing Supply

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewprint

Reaction score
I've been spending a lot of time reading on these forums...trying to understand how this all works.

It looks to me that one of the simplest ways that I could assemble a panel would be to purchase this kit.

http://www.ebrewsupply.com/complete-30a-biab-kit/

Looking around I don't think that I could even purchase these components separately for much, in any, less.

Has anyone built one of these or bought their pre-made version?

I havent ordered that kit, but Ryan puts together top notch stuff. I wouldnt hesitate to order from him again. With that said, I downsized into a system from three vessel to eBIAB and went with a setup from COBrewing. Their kit is pretty solid. I had some problems with the order, stuff got forgotten, etc, but they did a good job of taking care of it and getting me everything I was supposed to have.

I just priced the BIAB DIY panel in stainless, pre-punched today. I think it was a $140 difference. For that money I would buy turn key.

@JoshuaW I too am really liking CO Brewing setups and will likely go that route at some point this year. I like their new basket and whirlpool design

Yeah I'm thinking that I would just have them build it. The kettle is going to be a little more custom.

I havent ordered that kit, but Ryan puts together top notch stuff. I wouldnt hesitate to order from him again. With that said, I downsized into a system from three vessel to eBIAB and went with a setup from COBrewing. Their kit is pretty solid. I had some problems with the order, stuff got forgotten, etc, but they did a good job of taking care of it and getting me everything I was supposed to have.
I'm looking at the Nano Brewer. Was there any reason you didn't go with the Brew boss or Breweasy systems? I'd appreciate your feedback.

I'm looking at the Nano Brewer. Was there any reason you didn't go with the Brew boss or Breweasy systems? I'd appreciate your feedback.

I went with the single vessel, eBIAB. For me, it was the cheapest option. If they had offered it, I would have probably gone with the Nano Brewer Home option, even though that would have been more expensive than the Brewboss or similar systems. Never underestimate the value of a pulley system. The worse part of my brewday is trying to lift a basket of wet grain over my kettle while trying to slip support under it so it can run off. A pulley would make it much, much easier.

I went with the single vessel, eBIAB. For me, it was the cheapest option. If they had offered it, I would have probably gone with the Nano Brewer Home option, even though that would have been more expensive than the Brewboss or similar systems. Never underestimate the value of a pulley system. The worse part of my brewday is trying to lift a basket of wet grain over my kettle while trying to slip support under it so it can run off. A pulley would make it much, much easier.
Making a pulley system would be quite simple and affordable if you brew indoors and have a ceiling above the brew area.

I purchased the premade biab panel and love it! Great service and great product!!
Heres my last brewday!
12651253_10207525361347680_4707672038180710069_n.jpg

Making a pulley system would be quite simple and affordable if you brew indoors and have a ceiling above the brew area.

Im thinking about it. I have one spot in the laundry room where I brew most of the time. My rig is on a cart and small enough where I can go into the kitchen to brew also though. I also talked to the guy at CO Brewing about retrofitting mine, and he could build me a frame with the pulley for a little more than I think is worth spending. Its really hasnt been worth the time or money for me to come up with any solution, so when I say that is my biggest annoyance, that just shows how well the system is working as a whole for me.

heres a pic of my whole setup, you can see my plumbing for the re-circulation.

When you're doing your boil do you keep recirculating? Is that why you have your temp probe hooked up to the outlet?

I purchased the premade biab panel and love it! Great service and great product!!
Heres my last brewday!
12651253_10207525361347680_4707672038180710069_n.jpg

Here's another question about this pic.

I'm seriously contemplating getting a basket instead of a bag. Is this sparge arm in your way when you're placing/lifting the basket?

You can likely remove the large half coupling and just do a locknut etc on the outside. Then it'd likely be sunked enough to move the basket past it. What's what I did on an older rig awhile back.

I just unscrew and remove it when its time to lift the basket.

What kind of fitting is that? Pardon me I'm new.

I was going to have a tri clamp fitting on the outside of the kettle so is this different?

I got my pot and basket from CO. Simple answer was I am going to a 1 bbl system. They had the the only\best price in the size pot I needed.

Latest posts

Back