Beverage air 3 door solid door unit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRL

Reaction score
So ive been looking at buying a under the counter bar fridge that would accommodate 2-3 half barrels.

My question is.... how reliable are these compered to a regular fridge and or Keezer that would fit 2-3 half barrels.

Ive done some research but didnt really come across much that I was looking for.

My main concerns are reliability and cost to run it.

looking online it says they draw Volts 115/ 2 amps.

would I be able to figure out costs through that.

Pic of fridge I am looking it.... guy is asking 400 I am hoping to get it for around 250-300

$_27.JPG

For costs, much will depend on the compressor duty cycle and your local electricity cost per kilowatt hour.

Cost = .2 KW * (duty cycle/100) * 24 * KWhr price.

So, for say a 50% duty cycle and a 12 cent electric rate, you'd be looking at around 30 cents a day...

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply!

From the sounds of it, its right in line with what a chest freezer and or regular fridge would run at, maybe a hint more but nothing that would be overly noticeable.

Anyone have opinions on these VS my other options such as using a Keezer.

Other then the issue of lifting the 1/2 kegs over into the keezer. (I'm still young so I can prob manage it for the next 10 years lol)

Back