Bev-Seal Ultra for Nitro tap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eulipion2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on the verge of adding a nitro tap to my kegerator, which currently uses Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra tubing and plastic John Guest fittings for the beer-out line. Will the tubing and/or fittings be durable enough to hold up to the 30-35 psi of a nitro line? I can't find a max psi rating anywhere.

Thanks!

I am using this set up with 0 issued. go for it! I have noticed though in general if you push the line too hard sideways near the fitting, the seal will break momentarily.

You could bite the bullet and push on hard fittings then you won't have to give it a second thought. Cheaper too. It's really not that bad once you get the hang of it. Though the first one is a PITA.

I have noticed though in general if you push the line too hard sideways near the fitting, the seal will break momentarily.

You reminded me of the old joke about the guy who tells his doctor, "It hurts when I do this." To which the doctor replies, "Well, don't do that." :ban:

You could bite the bullet and push on hard fittings then you won't have to give it a second thought. Cheaper too. It's really not that bad once you get the hang of it. Though the first one is a PITA.

I've already got the JG fittings. When I built out the keezer almost two years ago I tried to shove the tubing onto standard tailpieces, and I did not care for it. That same day I ordered the JG fittings.

Thanks for all the feedback everybody!

When the Ultra 235 series line first came out in a useful ID the gyrations folks were going through to force them onto barbs left one wondering if the liner hadn't been split in the offing.

The J. Guest fittings really are the best way to go with that tubing...

Cheers!

...I've already got the JG fittings. When I built out the keezer almost two years ago I tried to shove the tubing onto standard tailpieces, and I did not care for it. That same day I ordered the JG fittings.

Thanks for all the feedback everybody!

Fair enough. That takes the cost factor off the table. You must not be as hard headed as me. I was NOT going to let some tubing beat me! ;)

Back