Bev air unit with water inside the floor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRL

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So i got a BB72 3 door model bev air and I noticed when I leaned inside while doing some work on it when I pressed down on the flooring I saw water come up from a few pin holes.

Considering that much water is coming up i'd imagine that it means its FULL of water inbetween the floor where the insulation is...

Do you guys think it would be wise to drill a small hole on the underneath and drain it out as best as I can?

I went and caulked all the seams and im going to either JB weld or somehow cover the pin holes in the floor as well to prevent any further leaks but wondering what you guys would think / come up with?

Thanks!

Pics for viewer pleasures lol

as you can see in this pic theres some "rust" not all those spots but a few of them have small holes, I am almost tempted to "inject" the flooring with some kind of spray in foam to fill in any void before sealing it all off.

YcYM4Fg.jpg

NleZ3LH.jpg

I'm not familiar with the construction on these, but I think you may run into issues down the road if you don't get the water out of there. Have you looked underneath to see if the insulation is exposed? If it is, I'd probably put a fan on it for a few days.

yea what I was htinking later on will cause some issues esp with molding ect...

Ill have to drill a hole drain what I can but not sure how I would go about actually drying out the inside. its fully sealed I dont see any way of taking it apart to fix it without doing any kind of "major" work

I have the BM23 which is a single barrel size that I modified to run 3 soda kegs with a 3 headed tap. About one per month there will be large amounts of water pooling on my kitchen floor coming from under the seal around the base of the door. I check the condensate pan under the unit and it won't be overflowing so I don't think that's the issue. It all works fine so I figure it must be going into a defrost mode. It seems the unit does this when the beer levels in the kegs are getting low. I replaced the thermistor probe and control rheostat a year ago so that's new. Not sure what my issue is, but seems similar.

Yea possibly, I have noticed more condensation then usual but it doesnt help its been a hot summer and it seems to help when I run the dehumidifier in the same room as the fridge.

I also read that they sell dehumidifying substances you can add in these fridges which I will look at.

Its just for the amount of water that comes up from the pin holes when I push down on the flooring is a bit worrying, cause thats telling the flooring inside with the insulation is water logged to no tomorrow.

I could simply drain the flooring by drilling a hole underneath and then just re sealing it with JB weld (not too worried about that) but the matter that, that much water has accumulated in about 6 months of use isnt comforting.

Typically for moisture build up can be caused by a torn / broken door seal. (ive checked mine doing the light trick and it all seals.

My condensate pan holds water fine, usually doesnt have much or any wetness to it.

so far my plan is...

drain water best I can, keep running dehumidifier inside it for about a week.

Buy some of those eva dry 500 wireless dehumidifiers as after doing a bit of reading a few people have gone that route and say it works. I figure 2 of them in there at all times should be sufficient... hopefully or atleast help.

Latest posts

Back