Better Bottling Bucket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RmikeVT

Reaction score
Fellow home brewers, I haven't bottle conditioned a beer in years. I started kegging in 2013 and never looked back. Well, I am brewing up some belgian beers and I'm going to secondary some of it with Brett and I want to bottle condition. I don't have a bottling buckets, so I need to get one and wanted to ask, is there something out there that is better than the traditional bottling bucket with white and red spout that you see so often with the kits?

I bottle straight from the fermentor with the blichman beer gun using sugar cubes. Basically like doing a closed transfer. The plastic filler also works.

I'm now using my Digiboil which I use for strike and sparge water, and now bottling. I like the idea of using stainless and it works great. I'd imagine you could use your kettle assuming it has a valve?

I use these:
https://www.morebeer.com/products/plastic-bucket-6-gal-spigot.html
https://www.morebeer.com/products/bottle-filler-removable-spring-38.html
The wand fits directly on the spigot.

When bottling a mixed fermentation with Brett I recommend adding yeast from an acid shock starter. ... It's probably best to bulk prime and add the yeast during the transfer as opposed to bottling straight from the fermenter.

Cheers
I like the idea of the wand fitting on the spigot.

I don't think those bottling buckets have changed much. They're fine as long as you don't scratch the insides, and you keep the spigot clean and sanitized.

I use one, and the bottling wand. When not in use I remove the spigot, clean it and store it in a jar of Starsan.

Another option: if you have a brew kettle with valve, that makes a good bottling bucket.

Back